Entering the competition
- The City of Tomorrow 2016 competition is for young people aged 7 to 14.
- Online entries are made to the national TeenTech City of Tomorrow here
- Online entries must be made via a teacher, youth leader or Parent/Carer and include details of individuals or teams (up to 5 members) who have created buildings.
- If you are in an area hosting a sponsored City of Tomorrow showcase event you can enter your buildings in person. You can find out about local events here.
- An online entry is made by uploading up to 5 images of a building, a supporting document, completing a short online Q&A, and selecting a category for the building to be judged in.
- Any photographs submitted to the site must have been approved by the teacher or parent with appropriate photo consent gained by the school/parent/guardian for any young people within the picture.
- Individuals or teams can only submit one entry in each category.
- All building designs entered via the website or through regional events before October 2017 will be considered for the 2017 final, which will take place in London between November 2017 and January 2018 (details to be confirmed)
Judging Criteria and Final
- An industry panel will judge and provide feedback for all entries.
- Each building submission (online or at a regional event) will be awarded with a Bronze, Silver or Gold certificate. All Gold Certificate holders will be invited to the TeenTech City final.
- Teachers, youth leaders or parents must accompany winning individuals/teams to the TeenTech City final.